Saturday, July 7, 2012

Felicity '12 Talent Showcase

As is the case with most 3rd year students, I was too damn busy during Felicity '11 to participate and enjoy. And as is the case with most final year students, my final Felicity turned out to be the most enjoyable and memorable one.

For someone who may not be aware - Felicity is the annual techo-cult fest of IIIT-H. It's a full 3-day fest that brings something for everyone on the table.

The 1st event that I tried my hands on was Rappelling. Although I had done Rappelling before once, but coming down from the hostel roof of your own College is something straight out of Action Flicks ;-) And that's exactly what we did! Two of my good friends - Mohit and Majid were part of the organizing team. They did a marvellous job :-)
After that, we participated in facade and like always I was the guinea pig for H Zade and Anusha M to experiment on. Well on this 3rd try, the experiment was indeed fruitful and we bagged the 2nd prize.


Facade - Face Painting event.


Those were three eventful days - participating in a lot of events and winning so many of them. One such event worth mention is spin the yarn in which our team of 'Awesome Roomies' (me and Mohak) was the winner.

Coming to the thing I wrote this post for - the Talent Showcase. It's a multi-round personality contest of Felicity with a tradition of the final one (Stage Round) being held on the last night.
It was not the 1st time I participated in it. I had tried my hands on this thing earlier in my 1st year. At that time it was known as MnM - Mr. and Miss Felicity. Participating again in MnM was not exactly pre-decided. But when I was approached for filling out the participation form, I thought - Why not?






Video Description : Stage act for Talent Showcase at Felicity '12. a.k.a - MnM (Mr. and Miss Felicity)
Inspired by Mr. Bean's Picnic. Original performance (by Rowan Atkinson) : link
I prepared for this act in four hours flat. More time was spent in preparing the soundtrack than practicing.

I felt deep happiness through being able to entertain so many people at once. Many times I feel it is important to be able to think and act like a child. Because a child knows how to be happy and make others happy better than the grown ups. Thus I wish deep from my heart :

May the child within me never die.

No comments:

Post a Comment